Skincare Routine

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Routine is the best way to achieve clear radiant skin, I cannot repeat this enough. You can have hundreds of magical and expensive potions and lotions but without routine they simply won't work. I also may remind you that one of the worst skin care habits is to sleep in your make-up. I have to hold up my hands as I'm guilty of committing this sin many times. I found that by the time I was going to bed I was just too lazy and tired to begin taking off the layers of make-up. But fear not I found a solution...Take off your make-up hours before going to bed! Yes it sounds silly but it works. Once I know I'm not going anywhere for the rest of the day, I take my make-up off then. It's usually around seven o'clock before I settle into the couch to watch the soaps for the night. EASY!

Anyway here's my current skin care routine that I religiously use morning and night:

Simple: Kind to Eyes Eye Make-up Remover
Takes off all my eye make-up effectively and efficiently. I have very sensitive skin and find the simple range to suit my skin extremely well. I have had allergic reactions to many other skin care products but since using Simple I have had no problems!
Retail Price: €5.75 (may vary from store to store)

Simple: Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
This lotion glides onto my skin easily removing foundation a it goes. It also leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I prefer lotion cleanser to gel cleansers, as I find gel versions to be very harsh to my skin and leave it dry. Another great factor with this lotion, you can get it and the moisturiser in Penneys (Primark) for €6 together! An absolute bargain.
Simple: Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
I love this light moisturiser, as it is in fact very light! I have an oily t-zone which means heavy moisturisers are a no-no. I can load lots of this onto my face. It dries fairly quickly and  leaves my skin soft but not sticky or over moisturised, perfecto! Again you can pick this up with the cleanser in Penneys for €6! hehe
Vichy: Normaderm  Unclogging Exfoliating Gel (acne prone skin)
Love this exfoliator. It doesn't have many harsh beads within the gel like some exfoliators. It leaves my skins feeling refreshed and smoother. I use this maybe 3-4 times a week.
Retail Price : €13.25 (prices may vary from store to store)
Witch Hazel:
I use witch hazel as a toner, which is perfect for areas of oily skin. Its relatively cheap aswell! (good news)



Lots of love
Iris x

No comments:

Post a Comment