beauty// updated skin care routine

Saturday 6 December 2014










Hello lovelies,
It has been  a while since my last skin care routine blog post. So I thought I'd post an updated one.

  1. I start by taking off my make-up by using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Just to remove stubborn  eye make-up, before cleansing my face. I just dab two cotton pads in the solution and gently wipe off my eye makeup. Depending on how much make-up I'm wearing I may repeat this process.
  2. I lather the Simple Facial Gel between my fingers and apply it to my face with a little water. I remove it with a muslin face cloth. Again I repeat this process. Once, to remove the dirt, grime and make-up from my face. And secondly, to cleanse my skin itself. I've moved away from using a lotion based cleanser as I've heard it can be too moisturising on greasy skin (which I have)
  3. Next, about twice a week I ex-foliate my skin using Vichy Normaderm Ex-foliating gel to help with any spots I may have. 
  4. I use Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser after this. I find its great, as it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I also apply a little before I apply my make-up as a primer! 
  5. New to my routine is the Effaclar Duo by La Roche Posey. This is a miracle cream! Seriously. I used to have tiny under the skin slight imperfections and this has removed them all. I still get the odd spot but for over all appearance this product has done wonders. If you were to only buy one item, I'd have to recommend this, above all others. 

And thats it! Thats basically my daily routine. I'm looking to include a deeper moisturiser though, as the winter months are approaching. Some part of my skin are looking dry, which has never happened to me before. Usually my skin is overall greasy. But if I find something, I will let you know! All products will be listed below.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water : Available in Penneys or Boots (boots online here)
Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel : (boots online here)
Muslin Face Cloth : (boots online here)
Vichy Normaderm Daily Cleansing Exfoliating Gel : (boots online here)
Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser : Available in Penneys or Boots (boots online here)
La Roche Posey Effaclar Duo : (boots online here)


Hope you liked this post, if you have any recommendations leave them below.

Lots of love,
Iris xo



No comments:

Post a Comment